Global Capacity provides scholarships for high school (called Secondary and Vocational school) in Rwanda. We believe in a holistic approach to our scholarships, where most of the needs are met for our students while they are in school. That’s why we are offering more than just paying for the tuition. Each child we accept into the program is guaranteed a one-year scholarship for school, with the hope of continuing the scholarship through the entirety of school.
Each scholarship includes:
- School fees: provides the necessary funds for school fees for one year.
- School materials: provides school materials for one year. Items include notebooks, pencils, protractors, rulers, and other required learning tools.
- Health insurance: provides health insurance for one year. Often families cannot afford to buy health insurance and the children go without it.
- Transportation: provides public transportation between home and school for one year. Each student travels between home and boarding school many times throughout the school year. With funds for transportation the child can travel home during the government-issued vacation days.
- Secondary school kit: contains a mattress and pillow, two sets of sheets, a lockbox to keep belongings in, a mosquito net, a basin for washing and laundry, a squeegie for cleaning, and a towel.
- Personal hygiene items: provides one set of personal hygiene items including soap, toothpaste, and a toothbrush.
- Two school uniforms: provides two necessary school uniforms for school. Uniforms are required and students cannot attend school without one.
Your support for these students in Rwanda is invaluable and truly changes the trajectory of their lives. Please click below for more information and to contribute to the student scholarships.